Study MBBS in India for Indian Students : MBBS Fees & MBBS Admission in India
MBBS in India is one of the highly preferred courses by medical aspirants worldwide. The strong education structure, sincere professors, and top-hole medical universities in India are paving the way for success. To secure admission for MBBS courses in India, the aspirants are required to appear in NEET. A healthy and peaceful environment in India helps the students to acquire knowledge more quickly. MBBS in India demands a student to get at least 50% in the 10+2 examinations. The duration of MBBS courses in India is of 5.5 years. The first 4.5 years is allotted for the classroom training, and the rest is for the internship course. If you are thinking of earning an MBBS degree from a recognized university, India is a great choice. WHO, NMC, and UNESCO approve all the top medical colleges in India. To apply for MBBS courses in India, the aspirants are advised to pay keen attention to the critical dates. In India, the academic year for MBBS courses starts in September or October, and students can start applying in June and July.
- Duration of MBBS in India
- Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in India
- Recognition of Indian Medical Universities
- Documents Required for MBBS in India
- Process of Admission for MBBS in India
- Advantages of MBBS in India
- MBBS Fees Structure in India 2024-2025
- Medical Universities in India
MBBS in India at a Glance
|60% in PCB for General 40% for SC/ ST and Reserve Categories
|Yes With Qualifying Marks
|IELTS / TOEFL
|4,00,000 INR Per Year (Pvt. Colleges)
|15,00,000 INR Per Year (Pvt. Colleges)
|7500 INR Per Month
|English, Hindi and Regional
|All Government University
|NMC and WHO approved
Why MBBS in India?
- Medical universities in India are some of the finest and prominent ones in the world.
- There are over 300 medical universities and colleges in India. Out of these, around 180 are private colleges.
- There is a total of approximately 72,098 seats available in India.
- MBBS in India is ranked higher due to its excellence in research and training programs.
- Indian medical colleges are famous for providing excellent clinical knowledge and expertise.
- Students have the advantage of attending international seminars and conferences.
- The syllabus followed in Indian medical college is of global standard.
- Students are free to practice in any part of the world after MBBS from India.
- Students get to practice on actual human bodies.
Duration of MBBS in India
- MBBS in India has a tenure of 5.5 years. It includes 4.5 years of classroom study, and the last year is for an internship.
- For a postgraduate program, you will need a time of 3 years.
- Diploma courses take two years to conclude.
- Other specialization programs take specific times.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in India
- The candidate must be of 17 years of age at the time of MBBS admission in India.
- The candidate must not exceed the age of 25 years.
- The medical candidate needs to score 50% marks in 12th grade for general category students. Reserved category candidates must achieve a minimum of 40%.
- For AIIMS, the percentage is 60% and 45% for SC/ST and OBC.
- A medical candidate must have the primary subjects in 12th grade should be Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- NEET is mandatory.
- Other entrance exams which a medical candidate can appear for- JIPMER or AIIMS entrance tests, Kerala CEE, Karnataka CET, etc.
Recognition of Indian Medical Universities
The following renowned medical bodies acknowledge Indian medical universities:
- National Medical Commission (NMC).
- World Health Organization (WHO).
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Documents Required for MBBS in India
Medical candidate must keep all the following documents ready for seeking MBBS admission in India:
- Medical candidates must possess valid mark sheets of class 10th and class 12th.
- NEET scorecard is an essential requirement for getting admission to MBBS India.
- Medical candidates must possess a valid school transfer certificate, code of conduct certificate, medical certificate, health check-up certificate, and no criminal record certificate.
- Having a passport and passport size, photocopies are also one of the requirements.
- The students should have a caste certificate indicating that the medical candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC.
- Medical candidate needs to show parents' bank statement, which indicates that he/she will be able to pay the fees required during admission.
Process of Admission for MBBS in India
- You must complete Class XII with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must qualify in NEET for admission in MBBS.
- After qualifying for the NEET exam, students must appear for counseling.
- There are some other exams as AIIMS, JIPMER for medical college admission.
- Students can also appear for the entrance examination for seven AIIMS.
Imperative Dates for MBBS in India
For pursuing MBBS in India, the bodies which conduct the entrance exams are as follows:
- NEET Entrance Test: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
- AIIMS Entrance Test: Entrance exam conducted for All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
- JIPMER Entrance Test: Jawaharlal Institute of PG Medical Education and Research
- The medical candidate is free to apply for Indian medical universities in June and July.
- The academic year for MBBS in India starts in September or October.
Advantages of MBBS in India
- India is ranked among the top medical, educational facilities in the world.
- During MBBS in India, students get to learn about tropical diseases. They study some of the rare diseases which don't exist in other foreign countries.
- At the time of internships during MBBS in India, medical students get to face a real-life experience.
- Every state has state-funded medical universities.
- The Indian MBBS degree is accepted worldwide.
- Exams like IELTS & TOEFL are not required.
- India is a populated country, the need for doctor increase by the day.
- Students get to experience modern technologies of medical science.
- There are excellent postgraduate and specialization opportunities.
MBBS Fees Structure in India 2024-2025
|Name of The University
|Total Tuition Fees
|Hostel Fees / Year
|Index Medical College
|Rs. 1,20,000 / Yr.
|C M Medical College, Kuchandur
|Rs. 1,20,000 / Yr.
|Dy Patil Medical College, Pune
|Rs. 1,20,000 / Yr.
|Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Sangli
|Rs. 80,000 / Yr.
|MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
|Rs. 90,000 / Yr.
|Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
|Rs. 7000 / Yr.
|Goa Medical College, Panaji
|Rs. 3,700 / Yr.
|B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad
|Rs. 1,200 /- Yr.
|PT. B.D. Sharma Pgims, Rohtak
|Rs. 17,200 / Yr.
|Bangalore Med. College, Bangalore
|Rs. 7,273 / Yr.
|Govt.Medical College, Thrissur
|Rs. 4800 / Yr.
|Grant Medical Coll & Sir J.J.Hosp,Mumbai
|Rs. 4,240/ Yr.
|Gandhi Medical College, Bhopal
|Rs. 10,000 / Yr.
|S.C.B. Medical College, Cuttack
|Rs. 4,730/ Yr.
|Govt. Medical College, Patiala
|Rs. 31,000 / Yr.
|Rs. 4900 / Yr.
Note : Eklavya Overseas would like to remind you that fees shown in Indian Rupees may not be the exact amount and may differ from the actual price. University reserves all the rights to change the fees anytime without any prior personal intimation to the students.
Teaching Methodology Adopted for MBBS in India
- Indian MBBS begins its academic year in September.
- The teaching method adopted for MBBS in India is the English language.
- The use of local languages is widespread in Indian medical universities.
- Language does not become a hindrance for the students. They are generally familiar with the most commonly used language- Hindi.
- National Medical Commission (NMC) publishes a list of Indian medical colleges offering English medium education.
Medical Universities in India
No matter whether you are going to study MBBS abroad or want to explore the field of medicine in India after clearing NEET, you must ensure that you pick the best NMC Approved Medical Universities in India or abroad. Today, when fraudulent consultants spin obnoxious webs to trap novice students for making money, you better collect information from an experienced and reliable study overseas consultant like Eklavya Overseas. We provide students with complete information on NMC Approved Medical Universities in India and the admission process to these universities in India and abroad. Over the years, Eklavya Overseas has emerged as a pioneer in the field of education consultancy. We have successfully sent over five hundred medical aspirants to study MBBS in top-ranked medical universities abroad. As far as India is concerned, we can guide on how to prepare for NEET and what are the best ways of getting into NMC Approved Medical Universities in India.
Here is a State-wise List of NMC Approved Medical Universities in India
Disadvatages of MBBS in India
- The biggest drawback is that without an excellent NEET result, the seats of government medical colleges will not be available for you
- Medical students don’t get to experience a global exposure
- For pursuing MBBS in india, medical candidates need to qualify a few entrance exams which are mandatory.
- If you unable to clear any of the entrance exams, it becomes difficult to seek admission in any of the govt universities
- Private medical colleges in India are very expensive. The private colleges charge hefty tuition fees
- Private medical colleges also charge donations or capitation fees at the time of MBBS admission in India
- Medical candidates don’t get the opportunity to discover new cultures or learn any new language
- Medical universities in foreign countries have a good infrastructure as compared to that of medical universities in India.
- There is a huge demand for mbbs in India.
- The seats are limited
- There are very few Govt. medical colleges in India thereby limiting the number of seats in the medical sector.
Economical MBBS India
- India offers an economical MBBS if the medical student can clear the NEET exam, which is mandatory.
- For private medical colleges, the medical candidate must spend at least 50 lakhs to 60 lakhs.
- As the set trend, universities abroad offer a more economical program.
- For the NRI students, the structure of fees in India may vary.
- If the international students want more detailed information, they must contact the Indian Embassy for more accurate and correct information.
- Insurance in India will cost you 5,000 INR to 15,000 INR per year.
- The medical check-up will cost the student 20,000 INR to 30,000 INR per year.
- The cost of food will be around 10,000 INR to 20,000 INR per year.
- Hostel fees may be separate for various colleges, but it varies from 70,000 INR to 1, 00,000 INR for every year.
Syllabus for MBBS in India
|1ST – 2ND Semester
|Pre-Clinical Subjects – Human Anatomy, Bio-chemistry, andPhysiology, Bio-Physics, Biochemistry, and introduction to Community Medicine Humanities.
|3rd, 4th & 5th Semester
|Para-clinical and Clinical subjects - Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, Clinical postings in wards, OPDs, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Microbiology
|6th – 9th Semester
|Continuation of study of clinical subjects - Community Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Medicine and Allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Surgery and Allied subjects (Anesthesiology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics), Paediatrics, andClinical Postings
|Community Medicine, Surgery including Orthopaedics, Medicine, Welfare Planning, Paediatric, Obst. / Gynae. Including Family, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology, and Casualty
MBBS in India for International Applicants
- Govt. of India has some reservations of seats for the Non-resident Indian (NRI) students and the students arriving from other countries.
- Even NRI medical students can bag admissions in private and govt institutions.
- NRI students can apply through the offices of diplomatic consultants, which are available in India.
- Indian Embassy can offer more accurate and exact information needed by the NRI students.
- In some situations, entrance tests are not required by NRI students.
- Reserved NRI quota seats, which offer admission to International students.
- In the NRI quota, too, the seats are allotted based on merit and performance.
- Fees structure may vary for the NRI students in the medical council-approved colleges.
Explore Beautiful India
- Delhi is the capital of India.
- The official language is Hindi.
- More than 80% of India’s population speak English.
- The currency of India is Indian Rupee (INR).
- India shares its boundary with China, Pakistan, Nepal, Myanmar, Afghanistan, and Bhutan.
- In India, the weather is tropical monsoon climate and tropical wet and dry climate.
- The population in India is approx. 133.92 crores.
- India has the largest postal network across the globe, having more than 1 55,015 post offices.
- India is known for organizing the largest gathering in Kumbh Mela. In 2011 over 75 million pilgrims. The group was even visible from space.
- India has the largest postal network across the globe, having more than 1 55,015 post offices.
Why Pick Govt. Medical Universities in India?
- Indian Govt. universities charge low fees.
- Admissions in Govt. colleges in India are possible by clearing the NEET exam.
- The quality of medical education provided in Govt. medical colleges in India is excellent.
- The professors teaching in the medical field are knowledgeable and experienced, which gives a plus point to the students studying.
FAQ for MBBS Study in India
Ques.1 Is MBBS in India provides medical education of good quality?
Ans. Yes, medical colleges in India are known for offering world-class education.
Ques.2 Which is the Indian medical college that is at the top preference for students?
Ans. AIIMS (All India Institute for Medical Sciences) is considered one of the top-notch medical colleges in India.
Ques.3 Is MBBS in India cheap or expensive?
Ans. Govt medical colleges in India provide low-cost and economical MBBS. However, private colleges are expensive.
Ques.4 Is the NEET exam challenging for students to qualify?
Ans. It usually depends on the student's ability and his/her hard work and concentration towards studying for the NEET exam.
Ques.5 Is it possible to get admission in India without getting a good Score in NEET?
Ans. Students can approach the private colleges in India if they cannot score well in NEET.
Ques.6 Is it possible to practice in India after completing MBBS from abroad?
Ans. Yes, the candidate has to clear the Exit test before practicing in India.