MBA in Canada
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) is the post graduate internationally recognized management degree which is focused on the needs of business professionals who wish to build their career and gain expertise. MBA degree program offered by universities in Canada focus on specific areas namely accounting, Human Resources, Health Care, Public Administration, Finance and Marketing or Project Management. Canada is known to be one of the strongest economies across the world and by studying in Canada students enjoy a high standard of living incorporating top-level education at some of the finest Canadian universities. The renowned universities in Canada offer great MBA degrees and have the most welcoming environment to all the overseas students. You will be surprised to know that Canada is the world’s most educated country in the world. The statistics highlight that half of the citizens of Canada possess university degrees. All the international students will be excited to pursue their MBA degree from Canada. Canada comprises of some of the top universities across the world. Students from all across the globe come and join to study in some of the finest universities for their MBA in Canada. University of Toronto, McGill university are some of the renowned universities where students get a chance to work with some of the most famous minds from all across the world.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Admission Requirements
- Visa Requirements
- Application Process
Reasons to Study MBA in Canada
- Canada is known for offering students with world-class education system.
- Students get a chance to learn from world leading experts and academics.
- Students can make valuable contacts that will actually shape their future.
- Students get a chance to prepare a career in the global marketplace.
- Canadian universities open new doors to endless possibilities and opportunities.
- Attractive scholarships offered by Canadian Government.
- Canadian universities are famous for high-quality education.
Advantages of Studying in Canada
- Better career prospects are offered by Canadian universities.
- Staying in Canada gives students access to abundant wildlife and multicultural diversity.
- Canada offers incredible quality of life.
- Canada provides clean environment and comforting lifestyle for the students.
- Canadian universities offer internationally recognized education.
- Canadian universities provide top academics and educators in the world.
- Canadian education will shape your future and life.
- Canada is regarded as one of the best countries across the world in terms of education.
- In terms of quality of life, Canada is one of the best countries.
- Canadians welcome you with open arms i.e. local people are welcoming.
- Canadians provide highest quality of life across the whole world.
- Canada will set the students on the appropriate path.
- Cost of living is reasonable for students who decide to study in Canada.
- Canada offers the students an experience like no other.
- Students will get to learn the best and the brightest.
- Canada is known for outstanding quality of education.
- Educators in Canada are highly trained and well experienced.
Type of MBA Programs in Canada
- Following are the types of MBA programs in Canada:
- Generalised MBA Program
- Specialized MBA Program
- Combined MBA
Duration of MBA in Canada
- The duration of MBA in Canada varies from 10 months to 2 years.
- Generalised MBA Program (This MBA programs lasts for a duration of 2 years)
- Specialized MBA Program (This MBA programs lasts for a duration of 1 year or less)
- Combined MBA (This MBA programs lasts for a duration of 4 years)
- In Combined MBA program students pursue masters while doing other course namely Agriculture, Arts, Medicine, Law or Engineering.
- The eligibility criteria for pursuing MBA in Canada varies according to the universities.
- Some of the criteria required are as follows:
- An equivalent bachelor’s degree (3-year or 4-year course).
- Minimum age must be 21 years.
- Basic knowledge of German language is a must.
- Minimum 60% academic score for Indian students.
- Some universities conduct their own entrance test exams for MBA admissions.
- The requirements for MBA programs may vary from one university to another university.
- Although, some of the requirements are similar for all the universities.
- Following mandatory documents are required by almost every university:
- A recognized undergraduate degree.
- Transcript of student grades.
- Proof of language proficiency (English or German)
- 2 to 3 years of work experience which is an optional requirement.
- Reference and motivation letters which are optional.
- Applications are filled online.
- Students just need to scan and convert the mandatory documents in PDF or JPG format.
- Upload the documents online.
- Other universities run a personal online application platform.
- After submitting the documents, candidate gets an email to confirm receiving of documents.
- This indicates that application has entered the selection procedure.
- University responds to the candidate within a few weeks after submission.
- Students must apply for the course within the deadline as delayed applications are not accepted.
- There are two application intakes for MBA in Canada namely Fall and Spring
- The intake of Fall Semester is during the month of September.
- The Fall semester lasts from December to April.
- The Spring semester lasts from May to August.
- The intake of Spring Semester is during the month of January.
- For studying in Canada, student must have a Canadian student permit or Canadian student VISA.
- Canadian student VISA is essential during the entire stay of study.
- Work during study can be opted by students.
- They can work off campus as well as an intern in Canada.
- Canadian student VISA will only be granted if they have adequate funds for studying.
- Complete filled and signed national visa application form.
- Your valid national passport.
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Your certificate of birth. (If Required)
- Your marriage certificates. (If Required)
- Your child’s certificate of birth.
- Your recent 3 passport-style photographs.
Financials Required for MBA in Canada
- Candidates can opt for education loans from banks as well.
- Candidates can also go for education loans from non-banking solutions.
- Candidates who have done job before MBA can use their personal savings as well.
- The expenses of MBA in Canada are an essential factor that needs to be looked on.
- Students can approach for scholarships and financial aid which is available for Indian students.
- Students can also adopt the means of crowd funding and collateral free education loan.
- Students can also go for company sponsorships according to their performance in the job.
- There are variety of modes of application for MBA in Canada.
- Application form via email
- Download application form from the university website
- Request forms via CEC in Delhi visiting Canadian Education Center in Delhi.
The steps for application process are as follows:
- Search for the colleges and courses
- Visit websites of different universities and collect more information about them.
- Pick the universities of your choice and shortlist the universities of your choice
- Apply for universities that suits your interests
- If you’re acknowledged into the chosen University, apply for a student visa
Cost of Living in Canada
- Students must consider cost of living before moving in Canada.
- Cost of living fluctuate for students depending on their lifestyle.
- Toronto is regarded as one of the most expensive cities in Canada.
- In Canada, there are separate policies for tax paying.
|Food & Groceries
Part Time Jobs in Canada
- There are variety of part-time jobs in Canada for the International students.
- Students can work in a restaurant or hospitality and various other places.
- The average part time job pays $18.53 per hour.
- Part-time jobs are helpful for students as they get some support financially.
Better to Learn Canadian Language Before Going to Canada
There are two official languages of Canada namely English and French.
- Candidates who are planning to go to Canada for studying can learn basic English/French language.
- Learning of English/French language will be helpful in communication for those who are not well versed with English/French.
- Interacting with local people can be helpful by learning English/French language.
- Courses are taught in English/French medium thus; students need to know English/French.
Scholarships offered by the MBA Universities in Canada
Scholarships offered to study MBA in Canada
The Scholarships offered by different universities help students financially by reducing tuition costs in an international university. There are many scholarships offered to the international students who wish to study in universities in Canada.
The scholarships are offered to the students on the basis of:
- Field of Study
- Academic merit
- Community service
- Community involvement
- Financial hardship
- The industry
- Region a student belongs to
The Scholarships offered by the Canadian Government are:
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Canada Graduate Scholarships
- IDRC Research Awards
- NSERC Postgraduate scholarships
- Organization of American States (OAS) Academic Scholarship Program
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships Program
Scholarships that are Non-governmental are:
- Anne Vallee Ecological Fund
- Canadian Rhodes Scholars Foundation Scholarships
- Trudeau Scholarships and Fellowships
Indian Students in Canada
- About 1,70,000 number of Indian students are permitted to study in Canada.
- India is one of the largest countries for permitting students for Canadian study permit.
Why Choose Canada for MBA?
- Degree from Canada is recognized worldwide similar to Uk and USA.
- Canada has diverse culture consisting of numerous ethnic groups.
- The multi-cultural environment allows the student to experience various cultures thus making him capable to work with different culture groups.
- The ease with which a student gets a Canadian Student VISA is the most popular thing that attracts the students to opt MBA from Canada.
- Canadian universities give lots of importance to academics.
- Canada opens up lot of opportunities and new avenues for the students.
- Student gets lot of opportunities to show their talent, creativity and skill sets.
Select the Right MBA College in Canada
The most cumbersome task is to select the right college. Some factors given below which help students to choose the right institution: There are many MBA universities in Canada that offer master programs. One of the smartest decisions and hardest step is choosing the right university. There are some factors a student should consider while choosing the university:
- Look for a master program that fulfill the career needs.
- The location of the university should be well connected with other cities too.
- The rapport and the placement of the university with local companies should be good enough.
- It is ideal to compare the fee structure of the university with other universities before finalizing the one.
- A university should have a perfectly planned structure for the foreign students including accommodation help, orientation and other required services.
Required Entrance tests
CAT (Common Entrance Test) is the most popular test among students. This the first test that comes to mind when students think of pursuing MBA. Most of the MBA colleges accept CAT scores. There are many more exams in the list such as MAT, CMAT, XAT, SNAP, GMAT, GRE, and NMAT.
Mostly some students appear in more than one exam in one academic session.
Minimum Score Required to Obtain Admission in Canadian Colleges
|Name of the Examination
||6-6.5 overall (depending upon course and college)
||237-250 min (depending upon course)
||580-600 (depending upon the course)
Some colleges may ask for the portfolio. It may vary university to university. equirements to apply for visa to study in Canada student visa is known as ‘study permit’ in Canada. Students are advised to make sure that they have attained the right study permit before leaving their home country and moving to Canada. The immigration authority is known as IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada). Visit (IRCC) website for detailed information.
The Education System of Canada
The survey proved that Canada invest a heavy amount in the education system. Also, according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, it is one of the globe's top ranked education performers. Canada basically has well educated and well-prepared students in various institutions.
Studying MBA in Canada is one of the dreams of students. The universities in Canada are divided into different categories such as:
- Language Schools
- Primary or Secondary
The Education System is Divided into 7 Categories:
|Post-graduate Diploma or certificates
|Ph.D. or Doctorate
Canadian colleges being host of courses offer diplomas, degrees, certificates, doctorate, associate degrees and others. Students studying in Canadian colleges get every chance to widen their cultural and educational horizons. The degrees offered by Canadian institutions are accepted worldwide and is equivalent to the degrees attained from the US universities or any other Commonwealth country. The main reason why international educators consider Canada for collaboration partnerships and research. Cost of studying MBA in Canada The universities in Canada offer cheaper tuition fees if compared with a few other countries. Canadian universities basically make study affordable for the foreign students. The universities in Canada receive public funds from the provincial government. These funds allow universities to set lower tuition rates and make sure that all the universities follow to the code to match education standards.
Tuition Fees in Canada
The tuition fees of Canadian universities depend upon the course and university. It may vary from university to university and program to program. A student studying in Canadian university would need to pay around 12000 dollars to 34000 dollar per annum depending upon the university. Apart from tuition fees, a foreign student needs to pay university the administration cost of approx. 100 dollars, the application fees of approx. 250 dollars, compulsory fees of 500-1000 dollars and some processing fees to attain study permit (currently students are paying a fees of 150 dollars excluding the biometric fees of 85 dollars)
Accommodation Facilities for Foreign Students
Students have a choice to stay in hostel campus provided by the universities or they can rent an apartment or a flat. Renting a flat make living more affordable if shared with other students too. So, the costs can be contributed between all and it also saves costs of daily essentials which includes grocery, utensils and other essentials. Staying in hostel has advantage of being secured by the campus guards. It totally depends on the student if he/she lives on campus or off campus. Choosing to rent a flat which is off campus will cost a student around 600 dollars a month (one room) and renting an apartment will be costlier, it will cost around 1,800 dollars a month.
||English and French
||Roman Catholic religion is practiced by Canadians.
|Exchange Rates to INR
||1 Canadian Dollar is equal to 54.51 Indian Rupee
||Canadian culture is influenced by European traditions and multicultural environment
||Canada experiences snow and cold climate. In reality, climate in Canada is diverse as its culture.
||-63 degree Celsius
||45 degree C
|Time Difference between India and Canada
||India is 10 hours 30 minutes ahead of Ottawa, Canada
|Travel time from India to Canada
||Approximately 13 to 14 hours (Non-Stop Flight)
||$2000 to $4000 per year
||Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Nova Scotia
Some Interesting Facts About Canada
- Canada is one of the countries having high literacy ratio. Approx. half of the Canadian citizens are degree holder.
- One of the interesting facts about Canadian lakes is that rest of the world’s lake is less than number of lakes in Canada.
- Canada is known to be famous for macaroni and cheese and Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation across the globe.
- In terms of total area, Canada is the second largest country across the globe.
- The density of population in Canada is lowest in the whole world.
Why Choose Eklavya Overseas for MBA in Canada?
For over 20 years, our multitude of services offered numerous students with the admissions in some of the eminent universities in abroad. With the support of our education counsellors, our customers were able to make sound decisions based on the precise and accurate information which we offered. Whether you require a opinion about education, counselling sessions, assessments of your interests or enquire about the admissions, we at Eklavya Overseas take pride in assessing your needs and then offering you the vital assistance.
Our services, new approach and unique strategies help our clients build effective and dynamic career in the chosen field. As a result of our extensive services and our work, we have clearly identified what it takes to build a future of a student who love talking with us seeking our expert’s guidance and support. We assist students in carving a bright future and becoming an even stronger and an effective person. We at Eklavya Overseas extend our valuable services to make the students realize their interests and then seek admissions accordingly.