Pskov State University
There are over 10 million students applying for NEET every year but only a limited number of the students succeed in seeking admission in their dream colleges run by government of India. About 20% students somehow manage to get their MBBS program seat confirmed in private medical colleges. A huge number of the talented candidates are left behind hopeless with their dream of becoming a reputed doctor. The good part is the option of MBBS in Russia from the renowned universities likePskov State Universitywith a worry-free admission process. Pskov State University has been the topmost choice of thousands of the Indian students interested in pursuing MBBS course from abroad. There are many options but due to some of the remarkable reasons, Pskov State University has topped the chart. The percentage of students seeking MBBS course admission has been constantly increasing every year. The affordable fee structure, economical cost of accommodation, pocket-friendly cost of food, and low transportation cost has proved to be the key causes of attraction for Indian students seeking admission to MBBS study program in the NMC approved educational institution Pskov State University based in Russia. It has become the key cause for other international students too.
- Documents Required
- Admission Deadlines
- Fees Structure
University at a Glance
|Name of the institute
||Pskov State University
|Year of establishment
|MBBS course intake
|NEET Entrance Test
||Yes, with minimum qualifying marks
|Minimum eligibility criteria
||55% in 12th, candidates belonging to SC/ST/ST can apply with 45%
|Duration of Course
||6 Years (1 year internship included)
|Annual tuition fee
||INR 3.20 Lacs (approx.)
|Medium of Instruction
||World Rank - 5762, Country Rank - 209
||NMC, WHO, and more
Pskov State University - Quick Review
- Free from worry admission process for the MBBS course.
- No entrance test mandatory for international medical students.
- High standard of education in the field of medicine.
- The faculties are cooperative and experienced.
- There are 4 laboratories for the research work.
- Along with 179 educational programs, the university has 56 different departments.
- The fee structure and cost of living is affordable
- The medical degrees are recognised worldwide.
- There are 22 laboratory and training buildings.
- The language of instruction for foreign students is English.
- No problem with the language barrier.
- Safe, engaging, and health study atmosphere suitable for male and female medical students.
- The university is approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC) beneficial particularly for the Indian medical students.
- The university do not demand capitation fees or any other hidden charges making the admission process transparent for international applicants.
- NMC (National Medical Commission)
- The Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation
- WHO (World Health Organization)
- The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russia
Duration of MBBS Study in Pskov State University
- The duration to study MBBS in the university is 6 years in English.
- It includes 5 years of studying and 1 year of mandatory internship
- The course duration for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is 7 years if opted in the Russian language.
MBBS Intake of the University
- The admission in the university is purely based on your academic performances.
- There are limited seats and hence Indian students should apply well in advance.
- The intake for the MBBS course is November.
Ranking of Pskov State University
- The global ranking ofPskov State University is 5762.
- It has achieved 209th position in the country ranking.
Note: This ranking is based on 4icu.org reference.
Faculties at Pskov State University
- The faculty of Electrical engineering
- The faculty of Finance and economics
- The faculty of Foreign languages
- The faculty of History
- The faculty of Computer Science
- The faculty of Medicine
- The faculty of Educational Technology
- The faculty of Philology
- Law faculty
- The faculty of Management
- The faculty of Philosophy
- The faculty of Technology and Design
- The faculty of Physics and mathematics
- The faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- The faculty of Natural Sciences and Geography
MBBS Study Course Curriculam
- General Surgery
- Primary Care Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Internal medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Psychiatry, etc.
Medium of Teaching in the University
- The university delivers lectures for international medical candidates in the English language.
- All the MBBS study candidates need to have good understanding of English language.
- The course is also available in Russian language for the local students and for the medical students interested in Russian language MBBS course curriculum.
Eligibility for Admission to MBBS Course
- IELTS or TOEFL test is required for students from non-English schools.
- Students who want to do medicine courses from the University of Georgia must have completed 17 years of age.
- The students with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as part of the course curriculum are allowed to study medicine study from Georgia.
- The candidates must have got at least 50% marks in all of the three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The medical applicants need to qualify NEET with the required percentage.
- The candidates should have fluency in English for easy communication.
- Parents bank statement is required to support admission.
- He/she should have a valid passport.
Documents for MBBS Program Admission
- Scanned mark sheet copy of 10th and 12th standard
- Scanned copies of NEET scorecard
- Clear copy of Passport size photographs
- Offer letter from the European MBBS university
- Migration certificate
- Medical or fitness certificate with complete reports
- Birth certificate copy
- Air tickets
- Copy of a valid passport
- Bank statement of the guardian to support the cost of MBBS education and accommodation while pursuing MBBS course overseas
Common Steps for MBBS Course Admission
- Step 1: Shortlist the medical university or college for MBBS course
- Step 2: Check if you are able to fulfill a specific medical college eligibility criteria
- Step 3: Upon your eligibility fulfillment, choose the course you are willing to study
- Step 4: Gather other relevant information
- Step 5: Fill the online admission application form
- Step 6: Submit the correctly filled application form.
- Step7: Upload the required documents or mail as an attachment as instructed by your chosen NMC-approved medical university located in Russia
- Step 8: Arrange the other supporting documents
- Step 9: Wait for the response and admission update. You can also inquire about your MBBS admission application status
- Step 10: Upon receiving the positive response and welcome letter, proceed further for VISA application and documentations
- Step 11: Once, your VISA is approved, book your air ticket and get ready to fly for MBBS study abroad.
Visa Application Documents
- Correctly filled VISA application form
- Your medical fitness certificate
- A valid passport copy
- NEET passing scorecard
- University invitation letter
- Fee paid receipt
- Government-approved Birth Certificate
- Clear copy of passport size photographs
- Identity proof including Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, DL, etc.
MBBS Admission Deadline for International Students
|Start Date of Application
||Within a month
|Start Date for Admission
|Last Date for MBBS Course Admission
Annual MBBS Fee Structure in 2022-23
- MBBS in Pskov State University fees in USD is $4400. The fee in Indian rupee is INR 3,10,000 approximately
- It does not include accommodation and food costs
- Fee is affordable compared to the study cost of MBBS in India
- The cost of accommodation ranges between USD 400 to USD 600 which equals to INR 28,000 to INR 45,000 per year
- The fee structure and other expenses are low in comparison to Indian and other countries.
The living cost includes food, accommodation, transportation, utilities, insurance, and entertainment. This cost can vary according to a student’s style of living. But the average cost of living while pursuing MBBS in Russian from the renowned Pskov State University range from USD 300-450 per month.
Imporatant Thing to Keep in Mind
- Do not waste your time wandering in notorious areas.
- Do not invite disputes with the general public.
- Avoid unnecessary travelling
- Carry your enrolment credentials always
- Respect your teaching faculties
- Stay friendly with your class mates
- Do not forget to carry copy of your passport
- Stay alert and keep yourself focused on studies
Student life at Pskov State University
- The local and international students in the different medical courses are provided overall development.
- There are different types of the events, games, sports, seminars, camps, university exchange programs, and cultural programs are organized from time to time allowing students take part.
- The involvement in the different events helps students from different nations come together.
- Students learn about varied cultures and become an active member of international student fraternity.
- Students at Pskov State University can take advantage of a shooting gallery, an open-air stadium, 3 skiing lodges, 9 gyms, and a swimming pool.
- Cultural clubs, dance classes, and more for talented students in the university.
- Along with the regular studies, students enjoy the student life a lot.
- The Indian students planning the MBBS study in the Pskov State University will come across senior students from different states in India who could be of great help in varied situations.
- Thus, candidates doing MBBS from Russia not only get the opportunity to explore their potential but also become a successful doctor with the devoted studies.
Amenities at the University Hostel
- Accommodation at a low price
- Hostel canteen with clean and healthy food
- Clean and adequate water supply 24x7
- Spacious rooms
- 12 dormitories
- 544 clean beds
- Rooms on sharing basis for 2-3 students and individual basis
- Properly furnished and ventilated rooms
- CCTV surveillance all over the hostel area
- Dedicated officials to check discipline
The University Key Facts
Students can find the following in the university campus
- A modern library
- 7 reading halls
- 2 electronic reading rooms
- Swimming pool
- Number of student dormitories – 11
- Number of educational and laboratory buildings – 13
- 16 faculties
- Engineering centre
- Student initiatives centre
- Medical rehabilitation centre
- Over 1000 international students are enrolled from different nations
- Over 9000 local students are enrolled in the various courses
- Healthy and engaging study environment
Indian Food in the University
- For students loving Indian food items, on an on-campus canteen facility is available.
- Students can also do self-cooking.
- Indian meals available at pocket-friendly costs.
- You will not miss your Indian cuisine taste while doing your MBBS study in Russia.
List of Medical Schools in Russia
About the City Pskov
Pskov State University is located in Pskov. It is among the popular cities in Russia. The city Pskov is situated on the bank of river Velikaya and Pskov. Based in the north-western region, it has become a medical education hub. Many international students from the various corners of the globe travel all the way to seek admission to the MBBS course in this prestigious university offering high quality education. The climate in the Pskov city is humid continental. The climate is influenced because of the close proximity to the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic Sea. The average recorded low temperature is approx. 2°C while the high temperature of the well-known city is around 10°C. Compared to summer season, winters are long. The summer season is moderately warm. The Pskov city has a low crime rate. It is safe for females and males. There are many botanical gardens. Also, there are many parks for walk and enjoyment. There are a number of the attractions loved by students pursuing MBBS from Russia. The people in the city are of good nature and welcome international MBBS study students whole heartedly.
City at a Glance
||55,300 sq km.
Why Pursue MBBS Program from Russia?
- A safe destination for medical studies for both male and females
- Affordable fee structure suitable for financially weak students
- A promising location for MBBS studies in the world
- A good percentage of medical seats for international MBBS applicants
- Cost-effective food and accommodation facility also within the campus
- MBBS admission intake month is October
- There are over 50 universities offering course in medicine
- 30% of the Russian medical colleges rank in the top 100 chart
- The country has a well-developed education system
- Safe and good nation for MBBS study abroad for students from India.
- Highly advanced teaching facilities
- Higher percentage of NMC screening test candidates
- Hassle-free process for MBBS Program admission
- Prestigious NMC approved colleges available to choose
- No donation charged
- No hidden charges of any type
- Easy availability of Indian food items
- Moderate climate suitable for Indian MBBS study students
- World-class modern infrastructure offering airy classrooms
Advantage of MBBS in Russia
Russia has emerged as one of the best options for both male and female applicants having a strong desire to become a successful doctor in their life. It is because of the following considerable advantages:
- No scope of donations or capitation: the universities based at different places in Europe strictly follow the strict policy of no capitation fee.
- Premium education quality:the quality of medical education and the course content designed for the MBBS Program is of international standard.
- English medium classes:for international students language is not at all a barrier. The reason for it is English the medium of instruction.
- Cost of accommodation is low: the low-cost accommodation facility within a campus and outside university campus is a key attraction for 9 out of 10 Indian students worried about expenses.
- Education facilities world-class: the latest equipment, airy classrooms, modern amenities, good and modern infrastructure, water, and electric supply 24x7 makes living for students a great comfort.
- Safe and healthy study atmosphere: low crime rate and a feeling of brotherhood make countries in Europe more safe and sound option for Indian MBBS and other course applicants.
- Part-time work: students pursuing a medicinal course from varied NMC recognised medical universities overseas has the option to look for part-time work subject to certain terms. It is allowed by some institutions to support study and other expenses incurred while pursuing an MBBS course abroad.
- Appropriate environment for research: many prestigious MBBS course offering universities have facility and study environment encouraging eligible students to opt for the research works post completion of the MBBS course.
- Globally recognized degree:not only WHO and NMC but also many global medical governing bodies have recognised medical universities located in the various European countries.
- Affordable fee structure:it is a very important factor playing important part in attracting maximum international students coming from weaker sections of human society every year.
- Scholarships: many universities abroad also provide the facility of scholarships. Students can win a scholarship to fund MBBS studies in Europe expenses.
- No entrance examinations:helps students stay away from the stress of entrance examination. There is no need to undergo preparation before seeking MBBS course admission in any European medical university. Some universities may need international applicants to clear pre-defined MBBS course admission tests.