Study in Poland
Are you aspiring to study in Poland? Poland is evolving as one of the popular destinations for higher education amongst Indian students who are planning to study abroad. Students who wish to enter an organization on an outstanding position in medical field or if the candidate is more inclined towards excelling in innovation in his/her job in Engineering then studying in Poland is one of the finest options to begin with. Mostly universities in Poland enhance learning through peers, case analysis, research projects, practical industry experience with the definitive aim of developing leadership, entrepreneurial and other capabilities in different domains. It is believed that studying in Poland is a better option for the International students. Degree programs in Poland are designed with a vision to equip the students with all the vital skills preciously, methodically by assisting them from the beginning till the end on how to excel in their career. More than 10,000 Indian students on an average aim to pursue studies from foreign countries and Poland is one of their topmost preferences. Poland provides the students with numerous benefits and this becomes the fundamental factor for showing rise in the admissions for higher education. Poland offers culturally rich environment and perfect blend of disciplines which helps the students to gel up well with the atmosphere making it an ideal choice for studying.
- Education in Poland
- Higher Education Institutions
- Grading System
- Visa Requirements
- Financials Required
- Application Process
Education System in Poland
- There are variety of courses run by higher education institutions.
- Courses run are full-time, extramural, evening and external courses.
- The basic type of studies covers the full-time courses.
- In higher education, Poland follows the guidelines of Bologna Process in Europe.
- European Credit and Accumulation System (ECTS) implemented the three-cycle structure.
- European standard followed makes it easier for students as it is recognized worldwide.
- First cycle is of 3 to 4 years i.e. Bachelor’s degree like Engineering program.
- Second cycle is of 1.5 to 2 years i.e. Master’s degree focused on theoretical knowledge.
- Third cycle studies are of doctoral degree i.e. of 3 to 4 years leading to PhD degree.
- Long cycle studies are aimed for 4 to 6 years of study with degree of Magister.
- 11 fields offer long cycle studies namely
Acting, Pharmacy, Art Conservation, Psychology and restoration, canon law, law, medical analysis, medicine, production, dentistry, photography, and veterinary medicine.
Study Programs in Poland
- Engineering in Poland
- Study Bachelors in Poland
- Study Masters in Poland
- MBA in Poland
- MBBS in Poland
Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Poland
- Higher Education Institutions in Poland are of two types.
- State (Public) institutions
- Private (Non-Public) Institutions
- The two main categories of HEIs in Poland are university type and non-university type.
- University type HEIs have the authority to offer at least one doctoral program (PhD).
- Degree is awarded on the basis of achievements and research programs done.
Why Choose Poland?
- Students can be sure of various advantages that they will be getting after admission in Poland.
- Degree courses in Poland is world-wide recognized across the globe.
- Students can easily opt for higher education from Poland.
- Students completing degree from Poland are considered to have great future.
- Studying from Poland can be one of the great career choices.
- Students who are planning to study in Poland have taken the correct decision.
- Poland is emerging as one of the outstanding study destinations.
- Education system in Poland is one of the finest and robust system.
- Poland incorporates some of the top-rated universities.
- Universities have high-rated different courses in numerous specialities.
Examinations & Grading System in Poland
Higher education institutions in Poland judge students on the basis of examinations conducted. Performance is judged on per semester basis or academic year basis. Every Higher Educational Institutions has its grading scale. Generally, scale followed is:
Advantages of Studying in Poland
Benefits of studying in Poland are many and some of them are:
- Learning of Polish language is not mandatory while pursuing education from Poland.
- Globally recognized degree programs.
- Studying from Poland will surely secure the student’s future.
- There is no donation or capitation fees in any of the universities in Poland.
- Professors are renowned and of great expertise.
- Generally, professors are appointed from Western Europe or United States.
- The quality of education offered in Poland is of world class quality.
- Bright future waits for the students who have completed their degree program from Poland.
- Syllabus of degree program in Poland is at par with that of countries like US and UK.
Visa Requirements for Studying in Poland
- Candidates coming from European countries need not to have a VISA.
- European candidates must have a temporary residence permit.
- Non-European candidates must acquire a VISA from Polish Embassy or Consulate.
- The VISA is sanctioned according to the tenure a particular student is studying.
- For any confusion, candidate must contact International Relations Office of the specific university.
Financials Required for Studying in Poland
- Candidate must decide within time to arrange for the fees for desired course.
- Candidate can apply for the education loan from their home country.
- For International students, Poland offers educational loans.
- Students who seek admission on the basis of merit and apply for scholarships.
- Candidates must in short prepare for the financials for his/her degree program.
- In Poland there are number of State budget financial support given on the basis of:
- maintenance grant,
- special grant for disabled persons,
- scholarship as an outstanding student, awarded by a rector,
- scholarship for academic achievement awarded by the minister,
- scholarship for outstanding sporting achievement awarded by the minister,
- assistance grants.
Application Process To Study in Poland
- Search for the study program which you want to study.
- Be aware of the fact that you are meeting all the requirements.
- Try to grasp and learn the Poland language.
- Check with your financial resources.
- Accordingly, apply for the admission.
- Then, obtain your Poland student VISA.
- Search for a suitable accommodation
- Candidate can then enrol in the particular university.
Health Insurance in Poland
- Students coming from European countries having valid medical insurance have healthcare in Poland.
- For the student having all below mentioned documents have a free medical check-up in Poland:
- Valid passport
- Student identity card
- Doctoral student identity card
- Valid European Health Insurance
Cost of Living in Poland
- Poland is comparatively affordable in terms of study and living.
- Cost factor is largely dependant on the city in which a student resides in.
- Cost of living on an average will vary from EUR 350 to EUR 550.
- For non-European students, expenses may be more.
- Food cost varies from 100 to 150 EUR.
- Transportation in big cities may vary from 15 to 20 EUR.
- Telephone/mobile, internet may cost around 20 to 30 EUR.
- Study material may cost around 30 to 50 EUR.
- Leisure and entertainment may cost around 70 to 100 EUR.
Accommodation in Poland
- Students have various options for arranging accommodation for themselves in Poland.
- Accommodation may vary on the basis of city and institution one selects.
- Most of the HEIs in Poland have their own dormitories.
- Living in dormitories is one of the cheapest option available.
- Many students live in a rented room in private apartment.
- Cost for living in dormitory on sharing basis varies from EUR 60 to EUR 80.
- Cost for living in dormitory on non-sharing basis varies from EUR 100 to EUR 150.
|Boundaries Shared by Poland
||Germany, Russia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Slovakia and Belarus
||Roman Catholics (Followed by 90% of people)
|Exchange Rates to INR
||1 Polish Zloty is equal to 18.22 Indian Rupee
||Catholic traditions prevail
||Couple of degrees below zero
||25 degree C to 35 degree C
||India is 3 hours 30 minutes ahead of Poland
|Travel time from India to Poland
||Approximately 8 hours (Non-Stop Flight)
||800-900 PLN per year
||Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Poznan, Zakopane, Sopot, Lodz
|ISO 3166 code
Climate in Poland
- Poland experiences moderate climate experiencing both maritime and continental feel.
- There are many sunny days and many rainy days.
- At times, summer may turn out to be quite hot and quite rainy.
- Winter season is cold with snow and temperature below zero degree as well.
Why Choose Eklavya Overseas for Study in Poland
For over 20 years, our multitude of services offered numerous students with the admissions in some of the eminent universities in abroad. With the support of our education counsellors, our customers were able to make sound decisions based on the precise and accurate information which we offered. Whether you require a opinion about education, counselling sessions, assessments of your interests or enquire about the admissions, we at Eklavya Overseas take pride in assessing your needs and then offering you the vital assistance.
Our services, new approach and unique strategies help our clients build effective and dynamic career in the chosen field. As a result of our extensive services and our work, we have clearly identified what it takes to build a future of a student who love talking with us seeking our expert’s guidance and support. We assist students in carving a bright future and becoming an even stronger and an effective person. We at Eklavya Overseas extend our valuable services to make the students realize their interests and then seek admissions accordingly.