MBBS in Russia
MBBS in Russia has been the most preferred overseas destination for medical education. Indian students are selecting Russian Medical Universities for best quality education, excellent infrastructure, and low-cost medical education. IELTS, Entrance Test or Donation is required for MBBS study in Russia. Indian students can take direct admission in the medical universities of Russia. These are the important factors of the Top MBBS universities in Russia attract Indian students to study medicine in Russia. Russian medical universities are famous for their low fees structure and globally recognized MBBS degree. The WHO (World Health Organization) and MCI (Medical Council of India) approve Russian MBBS degree. Indian students can study English medium MBBS in Russia at the subsidized fee. Russia is one of the superpower nations having a great history of offering world-class medical education at affordable cost. Eklavya Overseas assists Indian students in obtaining low-cost and direct MBBS admission in Russia.
MBBS in Russia at Glance
|Minimum Percentage||50% in PCB for General|
40% for SC/ ST and Reserve Categories
|NEET||Yes With Qualifying Marks|
|IELTS / TOEFL||Not Required|
|Processing Time||45-60 Days|
|Lowest Fees||3500 USD Per Year|
|Maximum Fees||6000 USD Per Year|
|Living Cost||200 USD Per Month|
|Medium||English, Kyrgyz and Russian|
|Top Universities||Irkutsk State Medical University|
Volgograd State Medical University
|Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
|Climate||Cold and Moderate|
Why MBBS in Russia?
- The Education system of the country has changed consequently and transformed the country in a better way.
- In addition, New institutions are moreover introduced with a higher level of Medical education in Russia.
- The Quality of education improved and likewise offered to international students.
- There are top medical colleges in Russia. That is the main reason why Indian Students prefer the medical degree in Russia.
- The universities are well-equipped and similarly, provide Medical programs in Russia at lower fees. Because The universities are regulated and run by the government of Russia.
- MBBS fees in Russia are low. Therefore it attracts Indian students.
- For 25 years, thousands of doctors who are practicing here in India and even so, studied Medicine from Russia.
- There are MCI approved Russian Medical Colleges for Medical Programs.
- Every year, more than 3500 students select Medicine study in Russia. The reason behind such migration is low tuition fee and affordable living cost consequently.
- Students from different parts of the world choose Russia to study Medicine accordingly. The countries like Asia, Europe, America, and Africa. Then, Select Russia and get qualified faculty.
- Although, MBBS in Russia offers advanced techniques.
Medium of MBBS course in Russia:
- Medical course in the English language (but not in all medical colleges)
- Medical courses in the Russian language (All Medical universities in Russia)
- Bilingual program (In Russian and English both).
Student study Medicine in Russia in English for first 3 years. Student study Medical Programs in Russia in the Russian language for last 3 years.
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Russia:
- Russian State Medical University, Moscow
- Volgograd State Medical University, Volgograd
- Kazan State Medical University, KAZAN
- Tver State Medical Academy
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- Kursk State Medical University, Kursk
- People’s Friendship University of Russia, Moscow
- M. Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy
Quality of Education at Medical Universities in Russia
- Students studying Medicine in Russia are given practical knowledge specifically.
- It is right decision to choose Russian Medical University on the contrary of Indian medical university. Because Indian universities fail in practical knowledge.
- In fact, There are best medical colleges in Russia for Indian students.
- A great medical career is locked besides, by getting admission in the top Russian colleges for Medicine.
- Attaining a Russian Medical degree from a top-rated Medical university likewise ensures the great experience.
- Students are admitted in September and October.
- Duration of Medical course in Russia is 6 years.
A brief about the MBBS course in Russia
- There are total 360 credits in Medical courses in Russia. In addition, it is divided into 10 semesters which includes 5 years of the course. Actually, Each year contains 30 credits that are one practical year contains 60 credits.
- All semesters similarly maintain a good balance between total work and semester exams.
Eligibility for Admission in Russian Medical Colleges:
To secure a medical seat in Russia accordingly:
- First, The student must be 18 years old.
- Second, He should have completed 10+2 from a recognized school.
- Third, Student should have more than 50 percent marks.
- Finally, the compulsory subjects are Chemistry, Physics, and Biology.
Top MBBS Universities in Russia and their tuition fees
Medicine Faculties in Russia
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Pediatrics Faculty
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Pharmacy Faculty
- Preventive Medicine Faculty
- Faculty of Nursing
ADVANTAGES OF MBBS IN RUSSIAN UNIVERSITIES
- Consequently, Medical universities in Russia have no English language test like TOEFL and IELTS.
- Hence, get direct admission in Russia.
- Russian Medical Universities take no entrance test. For instance, the entrance happens on First come first served basis.
- Actually, MBBS in Russia is donation free. Be calm.
- Actually, Russian Medical Universities take no capitalization fee. Therefore MBBS in Russia for Indian students is affordable.
- The universities are likewise subsidized by the Government of Russia. Hence, MBSS in Russia is low-cost.
- Medical Program in Russia is in English is one of the reasons which attract the Indian students most.
- The Russian Medical course fee is less. Whereas, other medical universities have high fees.
- Medical universities in Russia are approved by MCI. That is a good sign for Indian students.
- MCI recognized Medical colleges in Russia assure bright future. Furthermore, The Russian Medicine degree in India is valid.
- There is no upper age limit for students to apply for Medicine courses in Russia. Hence, you may apply for MBBS admission.
- Indian students completing their Medical degree in Russia can likewise practice their profession in India. However, they only need to clear the MCI screening test.
- Universities prepare Medical students accordingly from the first year for the screening test.
- Students have the option to pursue PG in Russia next to completing their Medicine degree in Russia.
- Furthermore, Indian students can find Indian food.
- Students can find hostiles otherwise don’t want to stay in the hostel furthermore.
DISADVANTAGES OF MBBS IN RUSSIA
- The local language in Russia is Russian. Specifically, It could be a barrier to practical life in Russia.
- An International student must learn the Russian language to communicate with confidence.
- Some Russian universities provide Medical courses, but they are not specifically medical universities. They have a mere small faculty of medicine.
- The small faculty of private universities affects the quality of medical education.
- Small Patient base– Students obviously choose to study in Tier three or Tier four cities. It is indeed proven that if the population of the city is 400,000. The people of that city will ask for the good-quality healthcare facilities. For this reason, The students who are studying in such cities, likewise, face non-exposure issues. They although face scarcity of expert professors. They are even not aware of rare clinical cases.
- Russia is cold hence, it is hard for students to adjust.
- Some cities in Russia are with very modern lifestyle. Moreover, Russian cities have several nightclubs, restaurants, sports entertainment, discos and other clubs. They have of course great internet speed that distracts the students.
- Students may be lazy. Because the Russian medical courses don’t put pressure on students.
Scholarship for Indian Students
The Russian Federation offers scholarships for Indian students accordingly. For detailed information visit the website of Ministry of Education of Russia furthermore.
Do not mix study and work:
- There are some consultancies likewise spreading information related to work and study together. According to them, the students can yet work and study Medical programs to cover extra expenses.
- Let us tell you that it is wrong information and in the same way, no student studying Medicine should follow it.
- It has been witnessed further that Medical courses are not simple at all. The lectures are long and tiring.
- Students need self-study in the first place and they can not do self-study and work.
- Students start part-time jobs while their Medical course. On the contrary, they definitely get problems in their exams.
- We recommend students specifically, not to search for jobs and focus more on the course they are enrolled in.
Process of MBBS admission in Russia
Step 1. Research about the universities and their pros and cons. As a result, you can apply for the admission in the courses offered by MBBS Universities in Russia.
Documents required for online application of MBBS in Russia:
- 10th Mark sheet (Scanned copy).
- 12th Mark sheet (Scanned copy).
- School leaving certificate (Scanned copy).
- Passport (Scanned copy).
- Other documents may be required further.
Step 2: The university accepts the application of student. The university issues the letter of confirmation of admission.
Step 3: After the student receives the confirmation/offer letter. The next step includes the payment of fees.
Step4: After the payment of the Course fees in Russia, accordingly you can apply for the student visa.
Step5: Finally, get the Visa!
Step6: Book your tickets to Russia and finally fly for Russia!
Note: Each college may have its individual requirements for documents. For this reason, students should check the university requirements.
Required Documents for a Visa to Russia
- Passport with minimum 18 months validity.
- 10th Certificate + Mark sheet
- 12th Certificate + Mark sheet
- Birth Certificate in English or translated into English and notarized.
- Photo – 10 (4.5 x 3.5 cm, 70% Face)
- Official Invitation letter from the respective Medical University
- HIV Test Reports
- Authorization of all archives by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi.
- Legalisation of documents by Russian Embassy.
- Visa fees
- Bank receipt of Tuition fee (1st year) payment.
MBBS Syllabus in Russia
- The Medicine course is for 66 months including a year of internship. Although, first year consists of critical subjects of medical science. Mainly Anatomy, Bio-science and Physiology with practical knowledge. For example, Indian students pursue MBBS in China.
- The clinical subjects are consequently Microbiology, Pathology, and Forensic Medicine and Pharmacology.
- The third year of the course has two parts specifically, both parts contain one year.
- First part consists of Community Medicine and ophthalmology. The second part consists of Surgery, Medicine, Gynaecology and Obstetrics and Paediatrics.
Cost of MBBS in Russia for Indian Students
- Accommodation expenses: The expenses would be around 100-300 USD. However, it depends on medical students.
- Metro smart card costs USD 65 for one month.
- Essentials per month will cost around USD 150.
- Food will probably cost minimum USD 10 per day.
Is Russia Safe for Indian Students?
- Russia is more secure if compared with the days of 1990’s. It is always smart to know about the environment. Keep distance from dreadful neighbours. It won’t be cautious to go out alone around the city at 2 am if you are an Indian student studying in Russia.
- Be smart and moreover stay alert at all times.
- We suggest you carry identification documents with you. A duplicate of visa, enrolment papers or any kind of identity proof.
- Character check by Russian cops is normal. Moreover, Russian cops cease the suspicious persons.
Accommodation Facility for Indian Students
- Every university has around 6 hostels for the foreign students. The hostel fees depend likewise upon the different size of the rooms. Furthermore, The student can choose according to their comfort. Rooms are available in different sizes for the international students.
- Each room is shared by maximum 3 students. All the hostel rooms are fully-furnished, comfortable and well-heated accordingly. Students are provided with internet facilities. Students may get TV and telephone in their rooms.
- The rooms are attached with kitchens and bathrooms. Hence The university hostels are always protected by Russian police.
- Hostel campuses are usually built at walk able distances from the universities. It reduces the travelling time for the students.
Why is it important to enroll in universities approved by MCI?
- Indian student should check the MCI approval of the university. MCI refers to the Medical Council of India. This could be a problem in future if a student wants to practice in India after completing the Medical course. MCI doesn’t approve the degree attained from the colleges not approved by them.
- If your medical college has no MCI approval (MCI approved Medical colleges). Obtaining the Russian Medicine degree from that university will be waste of money and time. Check the list of top Medical colleges in Russia mentioned on our website.
- MBBS admission in Russia requires researchers too.
MCI Toll-free number: 1800111154
Documents needed after the arrival in the country for Medicine Courses in Russia
- Firstly, Valid passport
- Secondly, Migration card
- Furthermore, School certificates
- And then Medical certificates
- Others documents may be required
Russia is the largest nation in the world. The Landscape of the nation ranges from forests or tundra to beaches of the subtropical area. Moscow is the capital of Russia and it is one of the largest cities. It is famous for St. Petersburg Mariinsky and Moscow’s Bolshoi ballet companies. It was founded by Peter, a Russian leader. The population of the country is over 144 million. The western part has more population. The eastern part has less population. Specifically, it has more urban areas. There are some major centers including Ufa, St. Petersburg. The others are Novosibirsk, Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg, Kazan and Nizhny Novgorod.
The Climatic condition of Russia:
The climate of Russia could be described from extremely cold winters to hot summer. The hottest temperature in Russia is 44̊C and the coldest is 30°C.
In fact, India is 2 hours and 30 minutes ahead of Moscow, Russia.
Q1. What is session cycle in Russia?
Ans. It is signified that Russian medical universities start their session on 1st September.
Q2. Is it important to get VISA for MBBS in Russia?
Ans. Yes, it is important. In fact, You cannot study MBBS in Russia without VISA. Actually, You have to apply for the Visa after getting confirmation from the college. We help in the whole process of visa. Furthermore, we provide you smooth admission process.
Q3. Is it possible to get a loan for education to study Medicine in Russia?
Ans. Of course! It is possible to get an education loan. For this reason, we represent Russian medical universities which provide education loan. Actually, You can get it from the public and private banks.
Q4. How many times can a Medical student moreover appear in the MCI screening test?
Ans. Consequently, the MCI screening test is conducted twice a year by Medical Council of India. To illustrate more, There are no restrictions on the number of times a student can appear. Similarly, you may appear in the test. Specifically, Every Medical University in Russia helps students for the preparation of MCI screening test. They make sure that the student doesn’t fail to clear the test in the first attempt.
Q6. As we know that Russia is a cold country, what are the measures taken by the university for MBBS in Russia?
Ans. All Medical universities in Russia possess basic amenities too. These amenities further include classroom, healing facilities and lodgings are centrally heated. This facility is controlled by the local municipal department of the cities.
Q7. Is a student allowed to do an internship in India next to completing the Medical course in Russia?
Ans. A student is allowed to do an internship in India next to MBBS in Russia. However, after clearing the MCI screening test the students will get chance to practice in India.
Eklavya Overseas is successfully carrying its crown of the #1 Overseas Education Consultant. We provide the accurate guidance to the youth medical applicants in India. We are also popular for consulting the knowledge. Further, we let you find the premium overseas MBBS destinations. MBBS in China | MBBS in Kyrgyzstan | MBBS in Ukraine | MBBS in Georgia are best for MBBS in Abroad.
Our expert education counselors assure you for the guaranteed admission in MCI approved MBBS Colleges in China. Our Recommended universities offer English Medium Medical course. Find MBBS in China at affordable MBBS fees structure.
Feel free to register your overseas academic seats. Study in USA, Study in UK, Study in Canada, Study in New Zealand or Study in Australia. Select the most suitable foreign academic destination with Eklavya Overseas.