PG in Russia
Eklavya Overseas. March 10, 2020
Russia is popular for offering advanced scientific degrees comprising of Doctor’s degree at 2 levels i.e. The candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.) and the Doctor of Sciences (D.Sc.). Board of Governors of Medical Council of India (MCI) have decided to recognize Postgraduate degrees from abroad if the doctors clear the DNB (Diploma of National Board) exam. The doctors will be permitted to practice medicine in any of the government or private hospitals. The tenure of candidate of Sciences degree requires 3 years of study after completing graduate medical degree. The Doctor of Sciences degree is a higher study after completing candidate of sciences degree. In realism, to pursue Doctor of Sciences degree requires 5 years after completing candidate of sciences degree. The Ministry of Education and Russian Academy of Sciences are two of the national bodies who are responsible for supervision of higher education and other research institutions. All the PG institutions in Russia offer personnel as well as scientific and financial resources. Candidates need to present the doctoral dissertation before Dissertation Council which is organized by the Supreme Certifying Committee selected by Russian Federation who accepts the dissertations in numerous fields of medicine namely radiology, cardiology, neurology, paediatrics and many others.
Reasons to Study PG in Russia
- Russia is best known for providing world-class education in leading universities.
- Affordable tuition fees
- English is used as medium of teaching in Russian universities.
- No cumbersome procedure of donations.
- Some of the universities in Russia are amongst the top-rated universities.
- The admission procedure is quite simple.
- Russian universities adopt international curriculum.
- Russian universities have tie-ups with world’s leading international centers.
- Less chances of visa rejection.
- The medical syllabus is an amalgamation of both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- The hostel facilities, labs, research and accommodation facilities are perfect.
Advantages to Study in Russia
- Candidates can take admissions in Russian medical universities without giving donations.
- Student is permitted is do his/her internship from Russia.
- The MBBS degree awarded in Russia is globally recognized.
- Students are given university scholarship on the basis of their outstanding performance.
- Russia is one of the safest countries in the world where the crime rate is minimum.
- The climate in Russia is suitable for the candidates studying PG programs.
- The admission process forPG courses in Russia is simple and informal.
- Russian medical universities provide assistance to all the overseas students.
Types of PG Programs in Russia
- One-year programme of internship
- Two- or three-year programme (MD/MS/MDS)
- Preparatory Faculty which is for 3 to 4 months for postgraduate students
- Specializations include the following:
Duration of PG Programs in Russia
The tenure of most post-graduation courses in the field of Medicine range from 3yearsto5 years.
Medium of Instruction
The medium of instruction in most of the Russian universities is Russian language. However, in some universities medium of instruction adopted is English language.
The degree awarded will be M.D. (Medical Faculty), M.S. (Surgical Faculty).
- Student must be 17 years or more.
- Completion of 10+2 from a regular board.
- Private students are not applicable for MCI Eligibility criteria but they can get admission in Russian university.
- Student must have scored at least 50% in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects.
- Students belonging to (SC/ST/OBC) need to score at least 40% in the same subjects.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree (M.B.B.S) from a recognized University by MCI, or WHO (World Health Organization).
You are required to submit following documents before enrolling for Russian PG Programs:
- Notarized copies of 10th mark sheet.
- Notarized copies of 10th passing certificate.
- Notarized copies of 12th mark sheet.
- Notarized copies of 12th passing certificate.
- Notarized copies of College Leaving certificate.
- Photo copy of mark sheets for all academic years in medicine.
- Notarized copies of transcripts
- Notarized copies of Internship completion certificate.
- Notarized copies of provisional / degree certificate.
- Notarized copies of registration certificate.
- Copy of the passport
- 8 recent coloured photographs. – size 3.5 x 3.5 cm
Recognition of Russian PG Degrees
Many of the medical universities in Russia are recognized by following medical bodies in India and around the world:
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WHO).
- The International Medical Education Directory (IMED), USA.
- General Medical Council, UK.
- ECFMG, USA.
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
The VISA procedure for PG Programs in Russia is as follows:
- Download the application form and fill it accordingly.
- Check out all the documents required for admission in medical universities in Russia.
- After the submission of all the required documents universities will analyse all the documents.
- In order to book the seat, the candidate needs to pay all the application, admission and processing fees (depends on the respective university)
- After completing all the formalities along with the student VISA, the candidate will receive the admission letter by the respective university.
- For the student VISA, the candidate must have:
- A valid passport
- Recent passport size photograph
- VISA application form
- Admission letter from the University
- Heath check-up form.
- After the VISA issue, candidate is welcomed in Russian medical university.
Financials Required to Study in Russia
- Candidate must show the bank passbook or the bank statement.
- Candidate must show the availability of sufficient funds to support PG programs.
- Candidate must fill in the online application form with precise and accurate details.
- After then, candidate will receive the offer letter from the respective university.
- Candidate must make the payment of the course fee.
- After that the visa process will begin.
- Candidate will receive the student visa.
- Finally, it’s time to fly to Russia and begin with your education journey.
In Russia, students can also discover the vast and immense Russian culture along with the PG programs for medicine study.
Cost of Living in Russia
- In Russia, cost of living entirely depend on the lifestyle of the candidate opting for PG programs.
- Fundamentally PG program from Europe is very popular and cost of living is very low there.
- Monthly living expense in varies from 100-150 USD $ incorporating all the overhead expenses.
||250 USD to 300 USD per year
||Medical Check Up
||250 USD to 300 USD per year
||250 USD to 300 USD per year
||100 USD to 130 USD per year
||1000 USD per year approximately.
Part Time Jobs in Russia
- If the candidate has no work permit then he/she has to work within the university only.
- Russian universities offer courses in English and candidates can easily work.
- Most popular jobs within university is that of a research assistant or teacher assistant.
- Candidates can also do language tutoring job in the university.
- Freelance writing is another job which a candidate can opt for.
Better to learn Russian language before going to Russia
- Candidates who are planning to go to Russia for studying PG programs can learn basic Russian language.
- Learning of local dialect in Russian language will be helpful in communication.
- Interacting with local people can be helpful by learning Russian language.
- PG programs are taught in English medium thus, students need not to worry.
Scholarships in Russia
- International students can apply for the state scholarships once they pass Uniform State Examination.
- International applicants can avail state funded spots funded by Russian government helpful for scholarships.
- Government scholarships incorporates free tuition classes, maintenance allowance and dormitory accommodation.
- Government scholarships does not include travel costs, living expenses and voluntary health insurance policy.
Indian Students in Russia
- The statistics highlight that the percentage of Indian students are increasing every year.
- Apart from UG programs, there are numerous post graduate degrees.
Why Choose Russia for PG Programs?
Russia ranks as one of the most popular countries offering PG courses. Some of the reasons why to choose Russia are as follows:
- Russia has fascinating national history and are proud of their unique and rich heritage.
- Overseas students enjoy Russian customs which are still valued today.
- PG study programs in Russia will help a candidate to explore to plethora of contrasting cultures.
- Tuition fees in Russia is affordable than other study abroad destinations.
- Cost of living is also low in Russia.
|English Speaking Population
||-88 degree C
||23 degree C
|Boundaries Shared By
||North Korea, China, Norway, Finland, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Poland, Georgia, Mongolia, Latvia, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, and Lithuania.
|Exchange Rates to INR
||1 INR is equal to 0.90 Russian Ruble
|Time Difference from India
||India is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of Moscow, Russia
|Travel Time from Delhi to Russia
||Approximately 6 hours 30 minutes (Non-Stop Flight)
||Eastern Orthodox Christianity (Followed by 75% of people)
||Highly Continental Influenced Climate
||Approx. 14.45 crores
Some Interesting Facts About Russia
- Moscow is considered to be the capital of Russia and is one of the largest cities in Russia.
- You will be surprised to know that Russia happens to be the largest country in the world.
- Russia has the second longest land border i.e. approx. 20,241 long. Isn’t it interesting?
- Norilsk in Russia is the world’s most populated city.
- The lowest point in Russia is Caspian Sea and highest point in Russia is Mt. Elbrus.
List of Top Medical Universities/Schools in Abroad
Eklavya Overseas is known for bringing laurels into the world of education. We are proud of our achievements and maintaining our #1 rank as Overseas Education Consultancy. What makes us #1? It’s our teamwork and our precise guidance to the young medical aspirants residing in India. Our aim is to add value for all our students by suggesting them the right path. Our expertise assists you to search for the finest International MBBS destinations namely Russia, China, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine, Philippines, Georgia, Abroad, Europe and MBBS prevalent in numerous countries across the globe.
Our proficient squad comprising of educational counsellor’s pledge to provide your admissions in some of the most renowned and globally recognized NMC acknowledged MBBS universities abroad using English as a medium of education and that too at low tuition fees. Isn’t it amazing?
We are just a call away. Apply Now and secure your academic seats abroad to pursue your MBBS degree. Pick the most appropriate academic destination abroad.