Engineering in Poland
If you are planning to study technical education in Poland, then Poland is the most preferred destination to study Engineering. There are huge number of students planning to pursue their technical education from Poland every year. If you are Engineering aspirant then Poland is one of the best choices to ponder over. Poland offers some of the best infrastructure when it comes to technical education namely Engineering. There are huge number of technical universities in Poland where students from all over the world migrate to Poland to pursue their technical education like Engineering. Poland offers excellent quality of education which provides great exposure to the students thereby making technical education in Poland as one of the best educations across the globe. There are huge number of engineering students who are actually setting a benchmark in the Engineering field. Recently, Poland has emerged as one of the finest destinations to pursue Engineering. International students prefer to study in Polish universities as they offer excellent opportunities in terms of placement as numerous organizations come to hire fresh talent in Poland. Warsaw university of Technology in Poland is ranked as one of the top universities across the globe. Indian students often go to Poland to complete their higher education as the fees structure is affordable and the cost of living is quite affordable.
- Top Colleges and Universities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Requirements for VISA
- Application Process
- Documents Required
Reasons to Study in Poland
Some of the reasons to study in Poland are as follows:
- Poland comprises some of the best academic institutions.
- Cost of studying in Poland is affordable as compared to other countries in Europe.
- Crime rate in Poland is less as compared to other European countries.
- Poland is safe and secure for male as well as female students.
- The medium of instruction used is English which is beneficial for the candidates.
- The culture of Poland is vibrant and enthusiastic for the students coming to study.
Advantages of Studying in Poland
Some of the advantages of studying in Poland are as follows:
- Most of the Polish universities offer a scholarship for non-EU students.
- Quality of education and the amenities offered by the students are overwhelming.
- There are ample number of students that are enrolled in different fields of Engineering.
- Poland universities offer students excellent and exciting life.
- Many Polish universities offer excellent amenities including food, hostel accommodation, internet, library, technical labs for the students doing engineering in Poland.
- The cost of living in Poland is comparatively lower as compared to other countries.
- Poland universities offer a comforting environment for the International students making them comfortable.
Courses offered in the field of Engineering
Various bachelor’s courses of engineering are offered by Poland Universities.
- Aerospace Engineering: The principle of engineering closest to rocket science, this field is concerned with the development of aircraft and spacecraft. The foundation level courses include Heat Transfer, Material Science, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics. With several organizations like NASA, SpaceX and Boeing venturing in the field, this is truly a stream of the future.
- Agricultural and Forest Engineering: These engineers are associated with managing, supervising and planning irrigation, drainage, flood water control systems, performing environmental impact assessments and effluent systems. The future entails a successful career in private engineering firms, agricultural machinery, equipment, processing technology, etc.
- Architecture and Urban Planning: This field is associated with the technical and political process concerned with allocation of infrastructural resources. This aids in optimal development of rural, sub-urban and urban areas. Architecture as we know it is the practice of designing and constructing physical structures. The complexities associated with them foster this as a challenging field to pursue one’s career in.
- Automation and Robotics: Associated with skills and training for high-level automation, this field is fast developing across the globe. It is the amalgamation of several different areas of engineering. The role of engineers in this field is to design, build and maintain these complicated machines.
- Biomedical Engineering: This field of engineering encompasses several fields that act as a cross-section between medical sciences and engineering. Covering aspects like bioinformatics this field aims at combining the design and problem solving skills of engineering with medical and biological sciences to advance health care treatment, including diagnosis, monitoring, and therapy.
- Environmental Engineering: These engineers are in literal terms the saviors of Mother Nature. This field borrows its curriculum from soil science, chemistry and biology in efforts to save the earth and come up with renewable alternatives to living. The main focus areas are the improvement of waste disposal, public health, and water and air pollution control.
- Civil Engineering: This field of engineering is associated with design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings. Civil engineering takes place in the public sector from municipal through to national governments, and in the private sector from individual homeowners through to international companies.
- Computer Engineering: This field integrates several aspects from Information Technology and electrical engineering. They are trained equally competently in both the hardware aspects of the computer as well as the coding and algorithms associated with the software of the computer.
- Electrical engineering: The field of study that borrows its principles from electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism; this field has a great deal of its pioneer companies in the Forbes 500 list. Power Systems, Energy Studies, Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, High Voltage engineering, Signal Processing, Image Processing and Multimedia, Biomedical Imaging, Machine Learning, etc. are some of the topics covered in this stream.
- Information Technology: This is the study of integration of systems in the form of computers and telecommunication devices to send and receive information in the form of data. With the big data revolution around the corner, this is one of the most relevant fields to be associated with. As organizations continue to mint millions based purely on data, this is the field of the future.
- Power Engineering: This field deals with the generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electric power and the electrical devices connected to such systems including generators, motors and transformers. As the struggle for power sources between both the developed and developing countries continue, this is the field to pursue in the current times.
- Mechanical engineering: This field is associated with the design, construction, and use of machines. A field that is considered the basic upon which other fields of engineering were formed, this course includes in depth study of aspects like design, developments, production, manufacturing etc. It is a diverse subject that derives its breadth from the need to design and manufacture everything from small individual parts and devices (e.g., micro scale sensors and inkjet printer nozzles) to large systems (e.g., spacecraft and machine tools).
- Oil and Gas Technology: Technology in this field has been the pioneer of altering how this stream functions. From logistics, to transfers, exploration and utilization; this stream of engineering has changed all the bets from the past and emerged as an entirely new field.
- Computational Mechanics: Computational mechanics is a scientific discipline that marries physics, computers, and mathematics to emulate natural physical phenomena. With natural disasters and increased human interferences into the natural course of functioning of the environment, this is an extremely relevant field in the current scenario.
- Machine Design: The field mostly associated with fostering research and development has served as an innovator in the field of mechanical design, design engineers and managers in OEM, processing. The technical aspects are extremely complex as well as relevant in the current times.
- Thermal Power Systems and Installations: This field of engineering borrows its expertise from electrical and power engineering. It is a challenging task to integrate a number of highly sophisticated technologies used in thermal power plants so that plants operate efficiently, economically and reliably under various operating conditions. The field aims at empowering the following sector.
- Road Engineering: Also known as highway engineering, this is a subset of civil engineering. It involves planning, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of roads, bridges, and tunnels to ensure safe and effective transportation of people and goods. This is done to ensure that resources are utilized in the most optimum manner to reach the final destination.
- Transportation Management and Railway Vehicle Engineering: This field of engineering aims at understanding how the operation and maintenance of the tracks, signal systems, tunnels and bridges takes place. The basics to advances of transportation management are covered in here.
- Supply Chain Management: This field of engineering regulates the management of the flow of goods and services, involves the movement and storage of raw materials, of work-in-process inventory, and of finished goods from point of origin to point of consumption. This is done to ensure that resources are utilized in the most optimum manner to reach the final destination.
- Biotechnology: This field of technology deals with the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, etc. and the exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes. With the world population on the rise along with several key environmental issues rising; this field has its cope greatly in the future.
- Optics: Optical engineers design components of optical instruments such as lenses, microscopes, telescopes, and other equipment that utilizes the properties of light. This field is majorly associated with the application of optics for the future. Laser engineering is a subset of this field.
- Engineering of Technological Processes: Also known as process engineering, this field focuses on the design, operation, control, optimization and Intensification of chemical, physical, and biological processes. The application of systematic computer-based methods to process engineering is process systems engineering.
- Technology Management: Technology management is a set of management disciplines that allows organizations to manage their technological fundamentals to create competitive advantage. This field is one that surpasses the best of the field of management and engineering. IT professionals from this field are preferred across the globe.
- Mechatronics: Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field of science that includes a combination of mechanical engineering, electronics, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, systems engineering and control engineering. As technology advances, the subfields of engineering multiply and adapt. This is the field in which we study technology combining electronics and mechanical engineering.
- Structural Engineering: This is the branch of civil engineering that deals with large modern buildings and similar structures. a sub-division of civil engineering in which structural engineers are trained to understand, predict, and calculate the stability, strength and rigidity of built structures for buildings and non-building structures, to develop designs and integrate their design is gaining traction in the current scenario.
- Telecommunications: Telecommunications engineering, or telecoms engineering, is an engineering discipline centered on electrical and computer engineering which seeks to support and enhance telecommunication systems. The work ranges from basic circuit design to strategic mass developments.
Various master’s courses of engineering are offered by Poland universities.
- Aeronautical engineering
- Aerospace engineering
- Automotive engineering
- Biochemical engineering
- Boatbuilding Chemical engineering
- Chemical process engineering
- Communication engineering
- Computation engineering Computer-aided engineering
- Computer systems engineering
- Control engineering
- Electrical and electronic servicing
- Electrical engineering
- Electronic engineering
- Energy engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Explosive ordnance engineering
- Extended engineering
- Fire engineering
- Fluid engineering
- Forensic engineering
- Foundation engineering
- Gas engineering
- Industrial design engineering
- Instrumentation engineering
- Mathematical engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Metals Mineral engineering
- Mining engineering
- Model engineering
- Motor vehicle engineering
- Naval architecture Ocean engineering
- Offshore engineering
- Petrochemical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Plant engineering
- Power engineering
- Reliability engineering
The Top Engineering Colleges and Universities in Poland are:
Warsaw University of Technology
Built upon the traditions of Polish technical universities, Warsaw University of Technology is one of the finest Institutes in all of Europe to pursue engineering. Started way back in the year 1915, this Institute has set global standards by producing generations of graduates and has had an increasing number of scientific and technical achievements.
Poznan University of Technology
The Institute is ranked amongst the top 6% of world universities. Several graduates from PUT computer faculty work in Microsoft Inc. USA and several other global multinationals. In 1995 it became the first Polish university to become a member of the Conference of European Schools for Advanced Engineering Education and Research (CESAER), an organization comprising the best technical universities in Europe.
Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology
One of the best non-state institutions to pursue engineering in Poland, Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology has been setting high standards ever since its inception. Founded in the year 1994, this Institute renders expertise from the best in Poland as well as Japan. With great focus on practical skills, it employs outstanding specialists, researchers and academic teachers from Poland, as well other countries.
Kielce University of Technology
A modern school with several teaching and research capabilities, the Kielce University of Technology has five faculties: the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture, the Faculty of Environmental, Geomantic and Energy Engineering, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Automatic Control and Computer Science, the Faculty of Mechatronics and Mechanical Engineering, and the Faculty of Management and Computer Modeling.
Bialystok University of Technology
One of the largest universities in North-East Poland, Bialystok University of Technology was established in 1941. This university has a host of international collaborations and certifications which enable it to stand out as compared to others in the league. With modernized laboratories and new facilities, this Institute is preferred by students from around the globe.
The eligibility criteria for studying in Poland is as follows:
- Student must have completed Class 10th and 12th from a valid student.
- Student must have a valid Passport and Visa application should be there.
- School leaving certificate is one of the mandatory certificates that a student need.
- Student must possess duly filled university certificate.
- Student must have a medical certificate which states that the student is in a good health condition.
- Student must have a health insurance from a valid and recognized organization
Documents Required to pursue Engineering in Poland
- Duly filed admission form.
- Scorecard of IELTS
- Recommendation letter from the selected university
- Resume of the candidate
- Students need photocopy of all the educational documents
- Student must satisfy the eligibility criteria needed for the specific engineering programme
- Copy of passport
- Any additional document required by the University
- Admission forms needed by the university
Intakes for Engineering in Poland
- Poland universities receive huge number of applications forms every year.
- Each of the Poland universities have limited number of seats.
- Students must apply for the programme whenever the admission opens so that the enrolment process becomes easy.
Requirements for VISA
- Students from European origin do not require VISA to study in Poland.
- Student must have a stay permit if the students is willing to stay for more than 3 months.
- For the International students, VISA is compulsory.
- Students can apply for the VISA from Polish embassies.
- Stay permit rules of staying for more than 3 months in Poland are applicable for Non-European citizens as well.
Financials Required for Engineering in Poland
- Student must be capable of depositing the fees for the Engineering course in Poland.
- Student must give the bank details and other important documents required by the university.
Living Cost in Poland
- Cost of living in Poland is comparatively low as compared to other countries in Europe.
- Students who don’t have a high-income family background can come and study in Poland.
- Average cost of living in Poland varies between 450 Euros to 600 Euros per month.
- In big cities where the cost of living in Poland ranges from 600 Euros to 800 Euros per month.
The application process to study Engineering in Poland are as follows:
- Search for a study programme.
- Student must meet all the requirements.
- Students must learn the Polish language as it is easy for them to interact with local people.
- Search for the suitable financial resources.
- Student must then apply for the admission in the Polish university
- Student must then get his/her Polish student VISA.
Documents Required for Engineering in Poland
- A passport-sized photograph
- Application fee for Visa
- Accommodation proof
- Documents for transport like the railway or flight tickets
- Student must have a properly filled and signed application for the visa
- Student must have a valid Passport
- Student must have a letter of acceptance from the college or university
- Recent resume of the candidate
- Valid Certificates from the school or the college
- Evidence of proficiency of the language
- Evidence that states the fact that the candidate has enough funds to study in Poland
- Health Insurance from a recognized organization
Part-time jobs in Poland
- One of the benefits of pursuing Engineering in Poland is that student can-do part-time job.
- There are ample number of paid jobs which student can opt for.
- Part-time job will help a student in getting financial benefit.
- Student get an exposure of the job culture in Poland.
Indian Students in Poland
- For Indian students, studying in Poland is one of the best choices.
- Poland offers education at an affordable cost
- Poland offers diverse culture in Poland for Indian students for smooth and entertaining life.
- In Poland, Indian food is available and connection to Indian community makes it one of the best places to study.
- Choosing Poland for higher education is one of the finest choices’ students make for their career.
Why Choose Poland?
- Students can be sure of various advantages that they will be getting after admission in Poland.
- Degree courses in Poland is world-wide recognized across the globe.
- Students can easily opt for higher education from Poland.
- Students completing degree from Poland are considered to have great future.
- Studying from Poland can be one of the great career choices.
- Students who are planning to study in Poland have taken the correct decision.
- Poland is emerging as one of the outstanding study destinations.
- Education system in Poland is one of the finest and robust system.
- Poland incorporates some of the top-rated universities.
- Universities have high-rated Engineering courses in numerous specialities.
Facts about Poland
|Boundaries Shared by Poland
||Germany, Russia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Belarus
||Roman Catholics (Followed by 90% of people)
|Exchange Rates to INR
||1 Polish Zloty is equal to 18.22 Indian Rupee
||Catholic traditions prevail
||Couple of degrees below zero
||25 degree C to 35 degree C
|Time Difference between India and Poland
||India is 3 hours 30 minutes ahead of Poland
|Travel time from India to Poland
Approximately 8 hours (Non-Stop Flight)
Approximately 9 to 10 hours (One-stop flight)
||800-900 PLN per year
||Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw, Poznan, Torun, Zakopane, Sopot, Lodz, Gdynia
|ISO 3166 code
Interesting facts about Poland
- Poland experiences moderate climate experiencing both maritime and continental feel.
- There are many sunny days and many rainy days.
- At times, summer may turn out to be quite hot and quite rainy.
- Winter season is cold with snow and temperature below zero degree as well.
- Poland is one of the countries that is bordered by seven neighbouring countries.
- Poland is known for snow-capped mountains, hills and sandy beaches.
- Poland comprises of 1300 lakes including one of the famous lakes like Oder and Vistula.
Ques.1 How much time is needed for completing bachelors and master’s degree course in Engineering from Poland?
Ans. The duration of completing bachelor’s degree course in Engineering is 3 years. However, the duration of completing master’s degree course in Engineering is 2 years.
Ques.2 Is it compulsory to learn polish language to pursue engineering from Poland?
Ans. No, it is not compulsory to learn polish language while pursuing Engineering from Poland.
Ques.3 State the various scopes of scholarship offered by Polish universities?
Ans. Government universities provide scholarships which are based on the merits.
Ques.4 What is the start date of academic year in Poland?
Ans. In most of the universities, there are two sessions for a particular year. One of the semesters begins in October and ends in February. Second semester begins from February and ends in June.
Why Choose Eklavya Overseas for Study Engineering in Poland
For over 20 years, our multitude of services offered numerous students with the admissions in some of the eminent universities in abroad. With the support of our education counsellors, our customers were able to make sound decisions based on the precise and accurate information which we offered. Whether you require a opinion about education, counselling sessions, assessments of your interests or enquire about the admissions, we at Eklavya Overseas take pride in assessing your needs and then offering you the vital assistance.
Our services, new approach and unique strategies help our clients build effective and dynamic career in the chosen field. As a result of our extensive services and our work, we have clearly identified what it takes to build a future of a student who love talking with us seeking our expert’s guidance and support. We assist students in carving a bright future and becoming an even stronger and an effective person. We at Eklavya Overseas extend our valuable services to make the students realize their interests and then seek admissions accordingly.